It has been a long time.
I even considered completely abandoning this blog and setting up a new one, because I was embarrassed to come back to it after so long. I have decided that isn’t necessary though, and that it seems a tremendous shame to let everything here wither and waste away.
I had a horrible 2013. 2014 will be much better because I have learned important lessons, the most significant of which is that I am the only person responsible for my happiness and that I cannot take on the burden of other people’s problems. I am freer now than I have been in years, and have stopped worrying about things I cannot control and started caring more about me and my life. I won’t sacrifice my happiness for anyone ever again.
So here is what has changed:
1. I have a new job as a Marketing manager
2. I am studying to get my CIM Post Graduate diploma
3. I am running more often and intend on doing the Roma Ostia marathon next year
4. I am spending more time with my pooch
5. R and I have moved in together
6. I have started Art lessons
7.I am spending more time with friends
8. I have written a bucket list full of all the things I want to do with my life
9. I will now start blogging again – promise!
10. I AM FINALLY HAPPY 🙂
I know this is a bit of a ramble… but I’m just so stoked to feel that me, as I am, is as important and worthy of attention and development as anyone else. I don’t need to change, just to develop, and anyone who doesn’t want me as I am is not someone I need in my life.
I can’t wait to get started, and have a new plan for posts – I am going to keep posting recipes but I am also going to be posting more about other aspects of my life in Italy – my running, my dog, the culture, the things we do, the people I meet. It needs to be wider… I hope this doesn’t put anyone off, if it does I apologise!
Stay tuned for a proper post – I promise you it is coming!
With love, from Italy